These favourite flowers add class to containers
- ‘Ballerina’ An old polyantha rose with clusters of single blossoms. Repeat flowers through summer. Faint scent. H/S:1.2m (4ft). From: www.ashridgetrees.co.uk, tel: 01963 359444. Tip Plant calibrachoa or other trailers around the pot rim for added drama
- ‘Teasing Georgia’ This award-winning bush rose has strongly fragrant flowers, opening deep yellow, fading to soft yellow. Repeat flowering. H/S: 1.2m (4ft). From: www.thefragrantrosecompany.co.uk, tel: 01406 424089. Tip It can be encouraged to climb in larger containers.
- ‘Flower Carpet Red Velvet’ A reliable ground cover rose, producing a continuous display of single red blossoms. Highly disease resistant. H: 75cm (30in), S: 90cm (3ft). From: www.classicroses.co.uk, tel: 01953 454707. Tip It’s ideal for use in larger hanging baskets
- ‘The Fairy’ This popular compact polyantha rose produces masses of small, double blossoms throughout summer. H: 60cm (2ft), S: 1.2m (4ft). From:www.classicroses.co.uk, tel: 01953 454707. Tip Good for pots placed on pillars.
- ‘Graham Thomas’ An award-winning, upright, bushy variety. Deep yellow blossoms have a rich, tea fragrance. Repeat-flowering. H/S: 1.2m (4ft). From: www.davidaustinroses.co.uk, tel: 01902 376300. Tip Use cosmos ‘Dwarf Sensation White’ as a planting partner.